Cemeteries

Cortland Cemetery

The Cortland Cemetery is located 1 mile south of town on the east side of Highway 77. A cemetery association was organized in 1890 by ladies of the community. The oldest known grave is dated 1873. (This cemetery neighbors the St. James Cemetery.)

Cortland Officers

  • Rod Rose, President and Sexton
  • Susan Young, Vice President
  • Freida Rose, Secretary/Clerk (402) 440-7609
  • Rich Douglass, Treasurer

For lot information and burials, please contact the secretary. To view tombstones and see additional gravesite information for this cemetery, click on the website below.

usgennet.org

Union Work Day 2009

Cortland Cemetery
Cortland Cemetery

St. James Cemetery

The St. James Cemetery is located 1 mile south of Cortland on the east side of Highway 77. The oldest known grave is dated 1889. (This cemetery neighbors the Cortland Cemetery.) For lot information and burials, please contact Father Nick Kipper at (402) 798-7335. To view tombstones and see additional gravesite information for this cemetery, click on the website below.

usgennet.org

Photos of Work Day 2010

St. James Cemetery
St. James Cemetery

Union Cemetery Association

A group of folks met on April 20, 1936 for the purpose of organizing an association for the care and beautification of the Cortland and St.James Cemeteries, which neighbor each other. It is known as the Union Cemetery Association.

The Union Cemetery Association's annual meeting is held on the third Tuesday in September at 7:00 p.m. at the Cortland Community Center.

Union Officers

  • Rich Douglass, President
  • Ken Krueger, Vice President
  • Freida Rose, Secretary/Clerk
  • Gary Behrends, Treasurer

Photos of Union Work Day 2009

Union Directory Box

Highland Center Cemetery

Although this cemetery is known to many as the Highland Center Cemetery, the engraved lettering on the entrance reads, "Highland Cemetery." It is located 4 miles south of Cortland on Highway 77 and 1.3 miles west on Highway 41, on the north side of the road. A cemetery association was founded in June 1950. The oldest known grave is dated 1874. Members of the Cortland community met at the cemetery in the spring of 2010 for a work day of trimming trees.

Officers

  • Bob Moats, President
  • Ruth Young, Secretary (402) 798-7715
  • Ed Balderson, Treasurer
For lot information and burials, please contact the secretary. To see additional gravesite information for this cemetery, click on the website below.

usgennet.org

Highland Cemetery
Highland Cemetery

Princeton Cemetery

East Princeton Road and SW 12th Road
Princeton, NE 68404

The cemetery is located 4 miles north of Cortland on the east side of Highway 77. This cemetery was originally known as "The Princeton Congregational Church Cemetery" and was the church yard for the church. It is also listed in the Lancaster County records as "The Princeton Olive Branch Congregation." A cemetery association was founded in the late 50's or early 60's. The oldest known grave is dated 1848.

Association Officers

  • Ron Boesiger, President
  • Bruce Messenger, Vice President
  • Lenny VerMass, Secretary
  • Charlotte VerMass, Treasurer

For lot information and burials, please contact Ron at
(612) 719-6573 or Charlotte at (402) 916-0137.

Princeton Cemetery
Princeton Cemetery